Kepa has the worst save percentage in the Premier League and was dropped for the 2-2 draw at Leicester City. Chelsea boss Frank Lampard is assessing potential replacements for Kepa Arrizabalaga.
Here are the five goalkeepers that have been linked with a move to Chelsea in the summer:
1. Andre Onana: The Ajax goalkeeper helped the Dutch champions reach the semifinals of the Champions League last season with solid performances in goal. The 23 year old Cameroonian is keen on moving to the Premier League next season and he reportedly prefers a move to Chelsea.
2. Gianluigi Donnarumma: Despite being just 20 years old, Gianluigi Donnarumma has made 165 appearances in Serie A for AC Milan. His AC Milan contract expires at the end of next season and the Italian club could cash in on him this summer.
3. Nick Pope: The 27 year old dislodged Tom Heaton and Joe Hart to become No 1 at Burnley but questions are being asked about the merits of signing Heaton to replace Arrizabalaga. Pope’s save percentage is only marginally better than Kepa’s, so is signing him really an improvement on Kepa?
4. Martin Dubravka: Unlike Burnley goalkeeper Nick Pope, Martin Dubravka has an impressive save percentage ratio. The Slovakian international has impressed in goal for Newcastle United this season. Chelsea might need to spend big to sign Dubravka as his Newcastle United contract runs till the summer of 2025.
5. Vicente Guaita: Chelsea reportedly made enquiries in January about signing the 33 year old Crystal Palace goalkeeper but his mistake in last weekend’s defeat to Sheffield United may hurt his chances of a move.