Former Liverpool and England striker Emile Heskey has made a bold statement in regards to Maurizio Sarri’s future at Chelsea.

Heskey revealed the former Napoli boss won’t remain Chelsea’s manager next season after his poor run of performance since taking over from Antonio Conte.

Defeat to Everton on Sunday means their chances of qualifying for the Champions League next term are in serious doubt.

However, they are still in the Europa League, where they will face Slavia Prague in the quarter-final in April.

He says star man Eden Hazard has not played at his best this season, which ultimately has led to Sarri struggling in his first campaign in England.

“I’d be very surprised if he’s there next season,” Heskey said on Sky Sports.

“It’s been a difficult season for him.

“You’ve got talisman like Hazard, a couple of seasons ago we were touting him as the best in the Premier League, probably the best in Europe.

“You need players like that stepping up to the plate.

“I think he still could go [even if Chelsea win the Europa League].

“I think they’re probably looking at the future now and thinking they’re quite far behind a lot of the teams that they are hoping to be in the mix with in the top four and winning the league.”

Hazard has scored 13 goals and contributed 11 assists in the Premier League so far this season.

The Belgian international has been heavily linked with a move to Real Madrid in summer.

His contract at Stamford Bridge expires at the end of next season.