Hazard reportedly remains the Madrid’s main transfer target for the next summer’s transfer window. The Belgian previously confirmed he won’t leave Stamford Bridge in January.
Ian McGarry, a former chief football writer at the Sun and the Daily Mail, believes Hazard has already agreed his move to the Spanish capital. McGarry believes the 27-year-old will join Real after the end of the current campaign.
“Something that’s affecting Chelsea now is Eden Hazard,” McGarry said on Sky Sports’ Sunday Supplement. “There’s a feeling in the dressing room that he’s agreed a deal to go to Real Madrid and the reason he’s so calm about everything and not having contract negotiations with Chelsea is he has this option and he’s just waiting to exercise it.
“And now Chelsea are definitely a striker away from being Premier League contenders. Alvaro Morata and Olivier Giroud are not scoring enough goals and they’re not good enough to give you the 20-odd goals you need.
Hazard’s playing at a false nine and while he’s a brilliant player, is he going to get you 24 goals? Probably not.”
With only 18 months to run on Hazard’s current deal with Chelsea, the 27-year-old has once again reiterated that Real Madrid have always been a special club for him. “I have always liked Real Madrid as a club, with or without Zidane,” said the Belgian, in the most recent interview with RMC.
“At the end of this year, I have one year left on my Chelsea contract. We will see, it’ll be up to me to make the decision.
“There was a bit of discussion [about renewal] with Chelsea but it stopped. Now we wait. The new coach [Sarri] understands football just like I do, so we will see what happens. My family likes it in London and I will soon turn 28 years old. I don’t want to regret anything when my career is over. This is a decision I will take. I don’t know when, but I will do it.”