Chelsea receives Mount blow as West Ham demands £100m for target

Chelsea claimed a 1-0 victory in their first leg tie with Atletico Madrid. The Blues however have not made it beyond this stage of the Champions League competition since 2014.

As the new manager Thomas Tuchel is leading the club so far towards the top. It seems that Chelsea would change the competition routine this time. But Chelsea faces the major blow after Mason Mount and Jorginho picked the bookings in Tuesday’s match.

Chelsea suffer two players blow ahead of Champions League second leg

Thomas Tuchel confirmed the suspension of Mason Mount and Jorginho ahead of the second leg of Chelsea’s Champions League Round of 16 ties against Atletico Madrid. The two players will have to sit out of their next game after picking their third yellow card of the Champions League.

Mason Mount received his third in the opening 35 seconds after bringing down Joao Felix. Mount is booked twice in Chelsea’s group stage prior to Tuesday. Moreover, UEFA rules state that if a player receives a booking three times, then they will serve a one-match suspension.

Meanwhile, Jorginho was also given a warning for carrying a foul over Felix. The Italian international received a yellow card later in the after he brought down the Atletico attack by the Portuguese.

This in turn gives a clear message that Tuchel will be without two of his eminent players in the second leg. The clash is set to hold on Wednesday, March 17 at Stamford Bridge. During the post-match interview, Tuchel confirmed that he will have to find the solution for the duo’s absence.

Other Chelsea players including Hakim Ziyech and Mateo Kovacic are also just one booking away from a game suspension as the duo has received two yellow cards in the Champions League and the next card will grant them one-game suspension.

West Ham has given a £100m price tag to Declan Rice
The Declan Rice transfer saga is not over yet. It has been almost a year that Chelsea was linked with the transfer of Rice to Stamford Bridge. The Blues’ long-term target will be available for around £100million’ in the upcoming transfer window.

While Chelsea was the most active club in the summer, Declan Rice was also a name that the Blues wanted to bring in. However, the £80m price tag pushed the club off from the transfer and they deviated their attention.

The hike in his price tag was made after the England International showcased his terrific form this season. According to talkSPORT host Jim White, who says he’s been in conversation with David Sullivan the joint chairman of West Ham.

White said, via Sports Lens, the joint chairman has told him about the transfer fees that is £100 million or else the club will not entertain any other offers.