Fernandes agrees with Lionel Messi over Chelsea star, as Blues make move to bring €75m world-class defender to Stamford Bridge
Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes is in agreement with Lionel Messi over Chelsea midfielder Mason Mount.
Mount has been excellent for Chelsea this season, quickly becoming one of the most promising talents in European football with nine goals and eight assists so far this season.
Still only 22, Mount clearly has a big future ahead having already nailed down a spot in Thomas Tuchel’s midfield, and he is already being noticed by some of the game’s biggest superstars.
One of the latest is Manchester United midfielder Fernandes, who has become one of the best players in Mount’s attacking midfield position in the last 18 months or so.
“As I’ve said, we have many players I can say now and it’s difficult to choose just one,” he told Manchester United’s website when asked about promising talents in the Premier League.
“For example, Ruben Dias has come from Benfica and been consistent since he arrived [at Manchester City].
“In our team, we also have players who have been consistent for all the season and I can’t remember more players at the moment.”
He added: “For example, I really like Mason Mount – he’s been consistent from the beginning of the season but, if people will watch numbers he’s not had so many goals as other players or assists as other players but, for me, as performances he’s been really, really top.
One of the best players to ever grace the game in Messi has been equally complimentary of Mount, once saying: “Having watched him play, he has the potential to be one of the best.”
Thankfully for Chelsea, Mount is under contract at Stamford Bridge until 2024, meaning his steep development curve will continue in a blue shirt over the coming years.
Chelsea have made approach to bring world class defender to the Bridge
Chelsea have made a transfer approach to Juventus about a possible deal for Matthijs de Ligt.
There is alot of rumours that Tuchel will be backed in the transfer window and will look to add another defender, a midfielder and maybe a striker to his attack in order to win every possible title that they will be competing for, with De Light on the agenda.
Regarded as one of the best young central defenders in the game, De Light has not had the best of seasons, like Many Juve players this year, and there were some rumours floating about that the Italians may be open to selling the defender.
And According to Tuttosport, the club reached out to Juventus to sound out a possible move for Matthijs de Ligt.But the report also claims the Serie A giants responded quickly with a resounding rejection
The news comes after Peter Crouch, writing for the Daily Mail, claimed we will challenge City for major trophies next term if they sign a centre-back: “Another transfer window, Charlie,” he said when asked what the Blues need to close the gap on City.
“If Chelsea can get a top-class central defender, one out of the highest bracket, that would put them in with a huge chance next season.
“Thomas Tuchel took over a really good squad but it is still behind City at the minute, for all the progress they have made.
“I cannot wait to see the next steps Tuchel and Chelsea make because I have been bowled over by the impact he has made.
“I’m so impressed and nobody in Europe would want to play them in their current form.
“They put a marker down for the Champions League final on Saturday. City will not play the line-up they used at the weekend on May 29 but it will be in their minds, the damage Chelsea can do in a one-off match.
“If you were giving me a free bet on that outcome, I would back Chelsea at the respective odds.”